24 Hours old in Swaziland

Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Halloween

There were a few rumors about where the party was going to be and eventually it was decided that Nick and Gwenyth would host the Halloween shindig. Doug and I came up with last minute costumes and stuck with our tradition of a ‘pun’ costume as I was ‘pad thai’ and Doug was a 'Swazi Bean.' Both beer pong and flippy cup were played and it was all around a good night with good friends.

My favorite costume was our friend Shaun’s since he dressed up as Doug. I had seen him during the day and we were talking about what each other might be when he said, “I want to dress as Doug.” Since Doug was out mountain biking, I ran home and grabbed a stereotypically ‘Doug’ outfit and gave it to Shaun. And, if you know Doug at all, the outfit comprised of board shorts, a button-up, flip flops, a visor, and hair gel. Plus, Doug had left his wedding ring on his nightstand, so I even pinched his ring for Shaun to wear. Doug had no idea (and tore up the house looking for his wedding ring) and when he first saw Shaun it was awesome. Laughs all around.

Just a couple of pictures to capture the evening

Cooper was a ‘Swazi street light’ as many of the street lights in town have newspaper headline mini-billboards on them…and most of the headlines are totally ridiculous (think National Enquirer).

Our friends Garret and Joe were ‘sexy doctors.’ Yeah, I know.

Laura was ‘box wine’ and she actually had the wine on tap in her costume, which was a big hit.

Jaqui was Mary Poppins and you can also see my super creative ‘pad thai’ with a maxi pad pinned to one of Doug’s ties. I know.

Nick was a court jester and Duanne was a tennis star.

And, as previously mentioned, there were straight college drinking games. The two Doug’s ran the beer pong table for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment